Saturday, September 24, 2011

when I was a kid
I used to have two people at my side when I sleep
on my right was my mother
on my left was my father

but now i've grown up,
things have changed, like everything was blown up
my mother on my left side
and a pillow on my right side

wondering why the pillow is there
when he, who should be there
he, who should be hugging me
he, who should be beside me

I still remember the days
when he carried me always
always there to make me happy
always there when i'm lonely

I love how you tickle me with your beard
love the way your big hands hold my small hands
i love hearing your heartbeat
until I fell asleep

I miss the days when you cook for me
scolding me when i'm not eating properly
I miss the way we laugh together
taking me with you on your motorcycle

and now that you're gone
don't you know that i'm missing you so much?
I wish to see you once more
kiss and hug you once more

I know that you're always there beside us
always looking after us
I'm lucky that i'm your DAUGHTER
and I am proud that you're my FATHER


-PAOLA JANE S.

No comments:

Post a Comment