Saturday, January 8, 2011

Down The Avenue

Days gone by so fast. Another year has ended. And life must go on...

I was walking down the avenue realizing I was walking alone. I thought of going home but i'd be alone their either. So i walked the streets, unafraid, puffing my cigarette. I've met some familiar faces along the way and smiled. It felt good, somehow they were real. A lot of things crossed my mind as I continue strolling along the corners of the city especially when I passed by the restaurants and food chains i used to dine in. Sometimes with my friends. Sometimes family. Sometimes a lover. I wasn't thinking of the food but the time of bonding I have relished. The food they serve will always be served there. But people just come and go. I can always go back there. But i could never get back some people I have dined with there. "Life's like a box of chocolates. you will never know what you're gonna get. I just remembered Forrest Gump. And also the novel of Charles Martin, WRAPPED IN RAIN. “Tucker, I want to tell you a secret,” Miss Ella curled my hand into a fist and showed it to me. “Life is a battle, but you can’t fight it with your fists. You got to fight it with your heart.”

I went to a bar. And drank alone. Anyway, i didn't get bored. I had the waiters and security guards entertain me. It was like home. A comfort zone. I ordered a bottle of Red Horse beer. It felt really nice as i took one gulp. The coldness touched my throat. What a relief! I was really thirsty. I looked outside. Not minding the blasts of the speakers. My mind traveled miles and miles away. I remembered my friends and the people I met there. The nights I have spent a few thousands for a night. I felt I became wasted. I always told myself it's the enjoyment of being there with the company of some friends and acquaintances. But the reason was I really am sad. It just occurred to me. I'm spending a lot not because I want to enjoy but to ease the pain. It's really hard being alone. I have some people at home. I still feel alone though all is home.

I wanted to bang my head on the table but I just smiled. I am in control of my life. And I realized my fuel was almost empty. Unnoticed because I was busy looking for anyone to ride on. I wasn't in a wrong direction. I was just slowly moving on. I need an overhaul. I need to refuel. So I could still ride down the avenue...

No comments:

Post a Comment