Friday, March 27, 2009

BOTTLE LINE

I had a little conversation with an old friend last night. Greeted each other and asked what life has brought us during these past years. We've talked of old friends who are hardly seen until now. I guess the last time i've seen some of them was in 1999. It's been a decade. He asked me if I knew Kabig but I couldn't remember anymore. Maybe if I could see a picture of him everything will flash black in my mind. My high school days was happy too though there were things i hated so much that i wished they didn't happen. But i dont regret any. They we're part of what moulded me into what I am now. Thanks to them anyway.

I asked him if he has lots of "kabarkada" there in Manila. He said he has lots along the neighboorhood. Then I said "Oo nga pal! Mabarkada ka!"

He said "Nasa pakikisama lang yan!"

That's true. You can never really have a better companionship if you dont know how to get along with people. That friend of mine was once a freak. Maybe until now. But I see the changes. More responsible and sensible. I remembered when we had booze along the river in our town. Together with some friends we lit bonfires and enjoyed the moments. We were all young, adventurous. He is good now. He has a family now. And has his first daughter that looked like much of him. Hahahahaha. I'm sure that baby rocks too just like his dad.

Then he threw the question back at me.

"Oo. Marami rin. Kaya lang yung iba nagtitext lang kapag gustong uminom!"

"Di sila barkada! Gusto lang tumikim ng alak mga yun!"

He shook me. Of course I know It was the only purpose. And i was a fool that i still accomodate some of the "kabarkadas" in my house. I am having fun though. At least I was just being "a nice guy" not a "boy next door". Hahahaha. Silly! Thanks Pilas! Adik ka talaga!

It's true that I don't see real friendship with them. But I cannot be used. After all, it's always in my hand if I may allow to drink with them again. I am having fun with the booze and the short stupid stories. Not with their "barkada." I just have to live with it. At least I haven't given them my confidence and trust.

Thanks to my real friends and real people! Inuman na!

No comments:

Post a Comment